I’ve been watching Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday and her interview with Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith. Michael says that when we’re going through a difficult situation we ask disempowering questions like: What’s wrong? Who’s to blame? Why me?
Michael invites us instead, to ask inspiring questions like:
- What’s trying to emerge in my life?
- What is my gift to share?
- Why am I here on the planet?
I’m always changing and evolving and I try to learn at least one new thing every day. I developed a checklist with questions to ask myself at the end of the day to see if I have succeeded in my goal:
- Did you learn something new today?
- Did you express your creativity today?
- Did you smile often? Did you laugh?
- Did you find moments of unexpected joy?
- Did you stop and appreciate the little moments?
- Did you take one small step towards the big picture?
Are you asking empowering questions?